Monday 16 June 2008

UK Challenge June-Seven Deadly Sins

I've been looking forward to this challenge for a while; big primal concepts like lust, greed and wrath make great and fertile pickings for jewelry design with a lot of choices for great stones and beads

I ended up choosing Envy as a subject matter because I was dying to use some of the gorgeous, green tourmaline cabs and peridot beads that I acquired at the rock and gem show.

I modified a "leaf" pattern that I've used on previous occasions to make it more angular, like a scowling brow. I liked the shape so much, I wanted to make a matching pair of earrings, so I came up with an internal shape that would look beautiful while dangling from a lovely earlobe.

Have also enjoyed seeing the other entries trickle in. I am definitely enamored and impressed with Paisley Chainsaw's magnificent and sinful bag.

No comments: